a program from the scope of ZETLAB VIBRO software suite
Besides the profiles in the database which comply with several most widely used standards, the database can also be added with profile templates complying with the standards:
- GMW 3172 General Motors Specification for Electrical/Electronic Components – Environmental/Durability;
- SAE J1455 Recommended Environmental Practices for Electronic Equipment Design in Heavy-Duty Vehicle Applications;
- ISTA 2A, 3A Procedures for Testing Packaged Products;
- ASTM D4169 Standard Practice for Performance Testing of Shipping Containers and Systems;
- ASTM D4728 Standard Test Method for Random Vibration Testing of Shipping Containers;
- MIL-STD-202 Department of Defense Test Method Standard for Electronic and Electrical Component Parts;
- RTCA DO-160 Environmental Conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment;
- MIL-STD-883 (H,G) Department of Defense Test Method Standard for Microcircuits;
- DEF STAN 00-35 Environmental Handbook for Defence Materiel;
- EUROCAE ED-14 Environmental conditions and test procedures for airborne equipment;
- AECTP 400 (403) Mechanical Environmental Tests;
- NAVMAT P-9492 Navy Manufacturing Screening Program.
Another feature of the updated software is the preview of the vibration testing results for the set profile based on the results obtained in the course of the pre-test start of the system. The corresponding graphical information is available in the “Channels” tab.
The information displayed on the graph is intended for informational purposes only. It notifies the user of the estimated results, which are likely to be obtained in the course of vibration testing for a particular profile.
Depending on the values set for the testing profile parameters, the system calculates statistical parameters based on the current load applied to the vibration exciter. These values are displayed in the “Statistics” tab. This option allows to evaluate the capacity of the vibration testing system prior to the beginning of test performance, thus securing the structural integrity of the instruments used.
The resulting testing profile can be saved as a separate file to be loaded using the program “Vibration testing profile configuration“.
The bottom section of the Random vibration program interface displays events log, which is used for storage of various data accumulated in the course of program operation.
The beginning of vibration testing process is controlled with the “Start” key.
The program initiates the test process as the system reaches 95% of the required vibrational acceleration RMS. In the case, if the value of the controlled channel is higher than the set threshold level, the program will offer the operator to suspend the tests performance.
The program also has a fault detection system. In the case, if the system detects a malfunction, the program produces a message for the operator with description of the fault and recommendations in terms of troubleshooting.
The user can start or suspend the recording of the electrical signals from all active channels of the VCS controller using the “Recording” key
In the course of tests performance, it is possible to control the condition of the test specimen in real-time mode using the control channel. To enable this option, use the “Additional graphs” program.