What are the advantages of LDS implementation?
Let us imagine that you are an owner of a manufacturing facility. Every day you send away several containers with products, one of which always turns out to be empty by the time it reaches the customer. In this case, you are sure to take some preventive measures. Unfortunately, this analogy is hardly applicable to leakages in water supply systems.
It is also difficult to attract public attention to the issue of leakages in water supply systems, since the losses, caused by leakages, generally remain unnoticed and are a quite common process for most of the managing companies.
However, it is still necessary to address the issue of leakages prevention, since such factors as cost reduction, environmental protection, healthcare, and financial losses are directly related to the leakages present in the water supply networks.
Timely prevention of leakages has the following advantages:
- Reduction of water losses and corresponding expenditures;
- Reduction of expenditures for power supply, work payment, procurement of chemicals necessary for purification, pumping, and transfer of water;
- Lower carbon dioxide emissions attributed to smaller energy consumption;
- There is no need to increase the capacity of water processing stations and water supply systems;
- Elimination of problems related to urgent repair and unscheduled maintenance of water supply network;
- Reduced risk of water sources contamination;
- Lower possibility of further pipeline defects in the future.