11.07.2017 в 10:47 #79534
What I am trying to do is to create some simple programs in ZETView, so I have a couple of questions:
1) In my case ZETview software works too slow — as I choose a new component, the program is out for a few seconds — what’s the reason for that?
2) The reference file describing the software components has some examples of program use — there is also a link «This example in Zetview program». However, this link is not active — is this information available?
Sincerely yours, Christopher.
11.07.2017 в 11:11 #79541
1) Slow operation of the software may be attributed to your PC non-conformance to the system requirements. System requirements are available by the following link: https://zetlab.com/trebovaniya-k-pk/ Besides, there may be shortage of RAM — so, as you create a new component, the system uses swapping file. Available RAM volume can be checked in the Task manager. The other possible reason is the video driver which needs update (in the case if you have an integrated video card). In the case if the components that you create consist of triangles — this actually means that your video driver is to be updated.
2) All the examples are delivered together with ZETVIEW software. Unfortunately, you may not always access the reference information from the ZETView SCADA system itself, so then you should run the file «Help.chm» from the directory «C:\ZETLab\SCADA\Help\». This folder contains all the examples of program use.
Sincerely yours, LLC ETMS support team11.07.2017 в 11:50 #79553
Here’s my system’s specs: Intel I3 — 1.8GHZ; RAM 6Gb; integrated Graphics 4000 and GeForce GT740M (I have updated the drivers) — ZETView still works too slowly
I have one more question regarding «Narrow-band spectrum» and «Diagram»:
1. At the output of narrow-band spectrum there are values of instant, maximum and average spectrum. Can these values be shown simulaneously at a single «Diagram» component?
I tried to display instant and average spectra, but the diagram was displaying only the instant one.
2. One more thing that is not clear to me is the frequency resolution parameter — how should I set it? As «freqresolution (50) — number of bands» or as «Resolution(0.000000) — frequency resolution, Hz»? As far as I understand, the sample frequency is divided by «frequency resolution» (i.e. the number of bands) — and thus, one can obtain the frequency band width. However, what is the function of «Resolution» parameter in this case?
3. The «Diagram» component has «xystate» parameter — chart display mode. For example, I want to obtain frequency spectrum chart from a vibration sensor — should I select «y(x)» — even representation? How does it differ from y(x) — actual representation?
One last thing — regarding «Damping decrement» — how is the decrement value calculated? By resonance curve width at the level of 0,5 from the maximum value or by amplitude decrement at the resonance frequency?
Christopher11.07.2017 в 16:22 #79595
1. Since all these data arrays are received from one and the same component, they all have identical «m_sHelpString» parameter. Using this parameter, the «Diagram» component determines the type of the chart to be created. In the case if several data arrays have an identical «m_sHelpString» parameter, then the «Diagram» component will create a chart in accordance with the parameters of the first received array. If you want to display all three charts simultameously, you should establish some intermediate component, for example, «Array-array» — «Constant value operation» — and set different «m_sHelpString» parameters.
2. It can be set by means of any of these parameters. In the list of the parameters there is also an option «UseResolution», which allows to set the parameters to be further used for setting the frequency resolution value. If UseResolution = FALSE, the parameter «FreqResolution» will be applied. If UseResolution = TRUE, there will be used «Resolution» parameter. «FreqResolution» parameter allows to set the number of the frequency bands of the analyzed range. «Resolution» parameter is used to set the width of a single frequency band.
3. If the parameter «XYState» — «y(x) — even representation» is selected, then all the values of the array detected by «X» contact will be evenly distributed along X axis. For example, the X axis stands for object displacement or measurements amount. If the parameter «XYState» — «y(x) — actual representation» is selected, then the values along X axis will be distributed in accordance with the array values, detected by «X» axis. For example, X axis can stand for frequency octaves or sensors’ line length.
4. «Damping decrement» component calculates resonance parameters: spectrum frequency and damping decrement. Yes, these parameters are calculated based on the resonance curve width at the level of 0,5 from the maximum value.
P.S. It is strange that Zetview works «slowly» taking into consideration your system’s parameters. Is it the case during developement only or in the course of project execution as well? Can you enable higher performance mode of your video card? Is it possible to establish connection to your PC by means of TeamViewer?
LLC «ETMS» Support team11.07.2017 в 16:38 #79607
Thank you for your detailed feedback!
I have managed to display several spectra in the «Diagram» component along with frequency resolution. Is it possible to use the parameter «XYState» — «y(x) — even representation» and «XYState» — «y(x) — actual representation» for narrow-band spectrum?
One more question concerning the decrement:
1) In the case of low Q-factor it can not achieve 0,5 from the maximum value. So, will it be possible in this case to calculate the decrement and Q-factor parameters?
2) Is it possible in this case to set the parameters calculation at a level different from 0,5 (i.e. to enable manual module of the parameter selection or to set the choice of the value between 0,5 and 0,707)?
Slow operation takes place only during the developement works — in the course of project operation the system operates in normal mode.
Regarding the higher performance mode of the video card — how can I activate it?
«Is it possible to establish connection to your PC by means of TeamViewer?» — Will I have to install this program? Is it compatible with the proxy server?11.07.2017 в 17:57 #79623
We are always glad to help you with the use of Zetview and to share our experience.
For narrow-band spectrum representation it is better to use the option «XYState» — «y(x) — even representation».
1) Yes, in such a system the reasonance peak value will be low, which complicates calculation of its Q-factor. It is also difficult to use the damping oscillations for calculating the Q-factor due to low number of oscillations. Moreover, the ambient noise will negatively affect the calculations’ precision.
The program «Signal filtration» has an option «Actual resonator», which allows to simulate oscillation’s system response. So, you can forward a noise or a pulse at the input of the system and to try to calculate the decrement by the spectrum.
2. The component already has the parameter «ThresholdCoefficient» which is used for setting the threshold level of the points to be used for calculation. It enables decrement calculation even in the case of noise ratio exceeding 0,7 value. We recommend you to obtain a turn-key project for fundamental tone and decrement calculation.
Regarding ZETVIEW — you can contact our network manager — he will assist you in increasing the operation speed of the 3D software in OpenGL.
TeamViewer requires installation. This program is free and is intended for non-commercial use only. It is compatible with proxy, since it is installed from a separate server which provides a new ID for each PC. If it is necessary, our specialist can help you in remote way.
Sincerely yours, LLC «ETMS» support team12.07.2017 в 10:43 #79653
1. Should I know resonance frequency and damping ratio value beforehand in the case if I want to enable «Actual resonator» option in Signal filtration menu? How precise should be the values of frequency and decrement? What is the function of this filter?
2. The parameter «ThresholdCoefficient» is available in the «Damping decrement» component in the ESMS clause. Is it similar to «Oscillations damping» from «Signal analysis» clause. The parameter «ThresholdCoefficient» has more functions, besides, it allows to set the level for Q-factor calculation by resonance width — am I right to think so? How can I calculate the decrement by damping parameter?
3. One more question regarding signals filtration. I have established the following project: input (or generator) signal is forwarded to the «Multichannel oscillograph» component and via «Narrow-band spectrum» to the «Diagram» component. In this way, the project operates well — both charts depict data. Now, for instance, I want to filter this signal — so I use the component «Signal filtration» and then forward the signal to «Multi-channel oscillograph» and «Diagram» components. The «Diagram» displays the spectrum while «Multi-channel oscillograph» doesn’t. What is the reason for that and what should I change?
4. I can not change the «Xprecision» value in the «Diagram» component — it preserves the default value 0,01 and I can not change it. Please, check it.
5. I shall try to find and install TeamViewer so that you could accelerate the program performance. Now, as I start or suspend the project, I have to wait for quiet a long time.
Christopher.12.07.2017 в 11:08 #79658
1. The function of the «Actual resonator filter» is to outline the carrier frequency from the signal (the carrier frequency contains the useful signal). We use this filter to control operation of algorithms used for resonance and decrement calculation. You can set any frequency and decrement parameters with any precision values — what is more important is the precision of the results obtained.
2. Is better to use the «damping decrement» component from the «Seismic impact control system» clause — it has higher precision and «ThresholdCoefficient» parameter, which, in its turn, allows to separate the useful spectrum part from the noise level. More information concerning the damping decrement is available by the link — https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logarithmic_decrement
3. It is difficult to say what is wrong with the project in remote way — probably the problem is in some minor detail.
4. You are right, the «Diagram» component does not allow to change the value of «Xprecision» parameter — we shall fix it soon.
5. TeamViewer program is available for downloading and installation from the official web-site. You should select the version for personal non-commercial use. Upon installation completion you will have to send me the 9-digit ID of your PC as well as the password for access.
LLC «ETMS» support team12.07.2017 в 14:19 #79687
1. I have some more questions regarding two components. Why does «Oscillations damping decrement» from «Signal analysis» clause have numerical output value while the «Damping decrement» from «Seismic impact control system» clause output value is an array?
2. I am familiar with the decrement calculation process. Please clarify the following — am I right to think that in your case in the «Damping decrement» component the Q-factor is calculated by the resonance curve and the decrement — by amplitude decline?
3. It seems that you were going to send me the project for filtration results representation — I haven’t received it yet- plese, send it again.
4. I have installed the TeamViewer and sent you the password
One last thing — why there is no multi-channel option for the «Share-octave spectrum» program? It would be more convenient to have a single window for several charts representation instead of having several tabs on the display.
And why there’s no functions FAST and SLOW averagings for these share octave spectra?
Sincerely yours, Christopher12.07.2017 в 15:06 #79703
1. In the «Damping decrement» component from the «Seismic impact control system» many output contacts (such as «array») have a single output value. This component has been recently developed and implements a complex calculation algorithm — that is why its output values are represented by arrays. Soon we are going to improve its operation and to simplify it.
Such elements as «Peak», «Energy», «Standard deviation», «Disbalance», «Excess», «Signal-to-noise ratio», «Period», «Q-factor» and «Quality» form an array consisting of a single value.
The elements «Frequency» and «Decrement» form an array of two values: measured value and corresponding deivation.
«Spectrum», «Frequencies» and «Parabolic curve» form arrays of similar size for further diagram representation.
2. Both frequency and Q-factor parameters are calculated by resonance curve. Regarding the formulas used for the calculations — I would recommend you to study corresponding scientific literature, for instance, «Theory of mechanical vibrations» by Bidermann V.
3. Enclosed with the letter please find the corresponding project.
4. We will connect to your PC soon — do not restart the TeamViewer, otherwise the access password will be changed.
5. In order to implement such «muti-channel» option we use ZETVIEW software. Instead of «Fast» and «Slow» option you can choose the averaging interval in the range from 0,1 up to 100 s.
LLC «ETMS» support team
Для ответа в этой теме необходимо авторизоваться.